The Poseidon Principles for Marine Insurance Association is the governing body of the Poseidon Principles for Marine Insurance whose object is the management, administration and development of the Poseidon Principles for Marine Insurance. Signatories and Affiliate members to the Poseidon Principles for Marine Insurance automatically become members of the Poseidon Principles for Maritime Insurance Association.
The Poseidon Principles for Marine Insurance Association is governed by a set of Governance Rules which provide guidance to existing and prospective Signatories and Affiliate members on the processes for the management, administration, and development of the Poseidon Principles for Marine Insurance.
The Steering Committee coordinates the Association and Principles on behalf of its members. The 9 members of the Steering Committee for Signatories (since April 2023) are:
- Fidelis MGU – Charles Mathias, Deputy Chairman Risk
- Gard – Rolf Thore Roppestad, Chief Executive Officer (Vice Chair)
- Hellenic Hull Management (HMA) Limited – Ilias Tsakiris, CEO
- Navium Marine Limited – Oliver Clark, Deputy CUO
- Norwegian Hull Club – Atle Fjeldstad, Chief Underwriting Officer and Christian Irgens, Business Intelligence Director
- SCOR – Sylvain Gauden, CUO Marine & Energy (Treasurer) and Pauline des Vallières, Sustainable Insurance manager
- Skuld – Trude S. Husebø, Chief People, Communication and Sustainability Officer and Matias Bøe Olsen, Executive Underwriter
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions – Patrizia Kern, Marine Strategy Consultant – CEO Office (Chair)
- Victor International – Richard Turner, International Head of Marine
The 8 members of the Affiliate Members Committee are:
- Cambiaso Risso Group – Mauro Iguera, Chief Executive Officer
- Cefor – Helle Hammer, Managing Director
- EF Marine – Folkert Strengholt, Chief Executive Officer (Vice-Chair)
- Lockton International Holdings Limited – Alistair Rivers, Head of Lockton Marine
- Willis Towers Watson – Ben Abraham, CEO Global Marine (Chair)
- Lochain Patrick Insurance Brokers Ltd – Justin Murphy, Compliance Officer
- CTX Special Risks – Charles Hedgcock, Executive Director
- Gallagher – Andrew James, Executive Director, Marine
The Governance Rules detail the scope of the roles of the Steering Committee / Affiliate Members Committee and how representatives are nominated and appointed.
The Secretariat maintains the day-to-day functions of the Association and is the first point of contact for existing and prospective Signatories and Affiliate members. The Secretariat is provided by the Global Maritime Forum through a service agreement.
The technical expertise needed for the Principles to remain updated and accurate is provided by UMAS and Swiss Re Institute and may include other organizations in the future as and when needed.
Where to find us
Amaliegade 33 B, 3rd floor
1256 Copenhagen K
VAT Number: 43329405