The Poseidon Principles Association is the governing body of the Poseidon Principles whose object is the management, administration and development of the Poseidon Principles. Signatories to the Poseidon Principles automatically become members of the Poseidon Principles Association.
The Poseidon Principles Association was formed on 18 June 2019 and is governed by a set of Governance Rules which provide guidance to existing and prospective Signatories on the processes for the management, administration and development of the Poseidon Principles.
The Steering Committee coordinates the Association and Principles on behalf of its members. The 10 members of the Steering Committee (from March 2020) are:
- ABN Amro – Florin Boros, Senior Director, Transportation EMEA & Anastassia Tcherneva, Head of Shipping Clients
- BNP Paribas – Vincent Pascal, Head of Shipping & Offshore Finance EMEA
- Citi – Michael Parker, Chairman, Global Shipping, Logistics & Offshore (Chair)
- Credit Agricole – Thibaud Escoffier, Global Head of Ship Finance
- Credit Suisse – Mark Bamford, Director
- Danish Ship Finance – Michael Frisch, Director, CCO
- Danske Bank – Tom Erik Vågen, Business Manager
- DNB – Christos Tsakonas, Head of Global Shipping
- ING – Stephen Fewster, Managing Director and Global Head of Shipping (Treasurer)
- Société Générale – Paul Taylor, Head of Shipping and Offshore (Vice Chair)
- Standard Chartered – Heng Chih Chwen, Director, Shipping Finance & Ryan W. Bjorkquist, Director, ESRM
- SuMiTrust Bank – Masaya Noda, Head of Shipping
The Governance Rules detail the scope of the roles of the Steering Committee and Chair and how representatives are nominated and appointed.
Secretariat maintains the day-to-day functions of the Association, and is the first point of contact for existing and prospective Signatories. The Secretariat is provided by the Global Maritime Forum through a service agreement.
The technical expertise needed for the Principles to remain updated and accurate is provided by Rocky Mountain Institute, University College London Energy Institute and UMAS and may include other organizations in the future as and when needed.